WHO FUNDS DOCTORS FOR MADAGASCAR?
Doctors for Madagascar is funded from cash and material donations from the general public, charitable foundations and government funds as well as receipts from charity events.
IS DOCTORS FOR MADAGASCAR A REGISTERED CHARITY?
Yes. Doctors for Madagascar is registered in Germany as Ärzte für Madagaskar e.V. in the Vereinsregister AG Leipzig under the registration number R 5080 and is accredited as an organisation with solely and directly charitable purposes.
HOW HIGH ARE DOCTORS FOR MADAGASCAR'S ADMINISTRATIVE AND COMMUNICATIONS COSTS?
Doctors for Madagascar is careful to minimise overheads as much as possible, so more of the money raised can go directly to helping people through the projects. In 2021, these costs made up 8.6 percent of our total budget.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT DOCTORS FOR MADAGASCAR?
There are various different ways to support Doctors for Madagascar:
- You can set up a one-off or regular online payment via betterplace.org or PayPal.
- You can arrange a bank transfer, to the account below:
Recipient: Ärzte für Madagaskar e.V.
IBAN: DE65 8605 5592 1090 0096 70
BIC: WELADE 8L XXX
Bank: Sparkasse Leipzig
- You can organise a fundraising event like a concert or personal challenge like a sponsored run to raise money from family and friends.
- You can gift a donation for a birthday or wedding, etc, or ask for donations as gifts.
- And you can also volunteer in Germany or, if you are a doctor, through a placement in Madagascar.
WHO AUDITS DOCTORS FOR MADAGASCAR'S FINANCES?
Ärzte für Madagaskar e.V. in Germany have their finances checked by external auditors.
In addition, Ärzte für Madagaskar e.V. is signed up to the Transparent Civil Society Initiative of Transparency International, the associated documents are posted on the German website.
CAN I DO AN INTERNSHIP, MEDICAL ELECTIVE OR CLINICAL TRAINEESHIP IN MADAGASCAR?
Unfortunately, this is not possible at this time. In our experience, placements in such a remote region of the country demand a high level of training, experience and ability to improvise. To keep these placements as effective as possible, we only send fully-trained doctors with several years experience and a good level of French.